Starting and maintaining a vigorous meditation practice
Feel like an afternoon of stillness, meditation and engaging discussion?
The next Simply Secular Saturday will be on Sat 24 September from 1–5pm.
A Simply Meditation Secular Mindfulness Saturday offers you the opportunity to meditate in the company of others with a half day of secular mindfulness practice at the Home of Compassion in Island Bay.
It includes a mix of short sitting and walking mindfulness meditation sessions with opportunities for discussion. Afternoon tea will be provided.
COME ALONG IF YOU …
- would like an introduction to mindfulness meditation with a secular approach and a buddhist foundation, or
- are an experienced meditator who’d like a different experience, or
- are happy to meditate on a chair rather than on a cushion on the floor, or
- want an introduction to a simple form of secular meditation practice, or
- simply want to meet people who meditate and find out what we’re like.
THIS EVENT IS OFFERED ON THE BASIS OF GENEROSITY
There’s no charge to attend any of our events. All the costs that make them happen have been covered by the generosity of others.
You will be invited to make a contribution to the community and for the teachings on the day, and this will go towards future events from which you may benefit, and from which others will also benefit, people you may never meet.
GENEROSITY IS THE HABIT OF GIVING FREELY WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN
TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE
As space is limited, text Helen on 021 400 960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you’d like to come along.
Get bus #1 to the junction of The Parade & Dee St. The Home of Compassion is a three minute walk from the bus stop. If you’d like a ride or can offer one, get in touch – email@example.com or 021 400 960.
For more information take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Wellington-Simply-Meditation/events/233596358/ and join our Meetup group.