Feel like a day of stillness, meditation and engaging discussion?
The next Simply Secular Saturday will be on Sat 28 May, and will be facilitated by Peter Davies & Ramsey Margolis.
A Simply Meditation Secular Mindfulness Saturday offers you the opportunity to practice meditation in the company of others with a day of secular mindfulness practice at the Home of Compassion in Island Bay.
The day includes a mix of short sitting and walking mindfulness meditation sessions with brief talks and opportunities for discussion. Morning tea and a vegetarian, primarily organic lunch will be provided.
Come along if you …
- would like an introduction to mindfulness meditation with a secular approach and a buddhist foundation, or
- are an experienced meditator who’d like a different experience, or
- are happy to meditate on a chair rather than on a cushion on the floor, or
- want an introduction to a simple form of secular meditation practice, or
- simply want to meet people who meditate and find out what we’re like.
This event is offered on the basis of generosity
There’s no charge to attend a Simply Meditation event. All the costs that make them happen have been covered by the generosity of others.
You will be invited to make a voluntary contribution to the community and the teachers on the day, and this will go towards future events from which you may benefit, and from which others will also benefit, people you may never meet.
Generosity is the habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return
To reserve your place
As space is limited, text 021 400 960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to come along.
Get bus #1 to the junction of The Parade & Dee St. The Home of Compassion is a three minute walk from the bus stop. If you’d like a ride or can offer one, get in touch – email@example.com or 021 400 960.
For more information take a look at